Researchers at the Harvard Medical School recently called exercise and physical activity a “magic bullet” for the lifetime health benefits it creates.
The benefits of exercise
- Reduced muscle tension
- Boosted immune function
- Getting rid of pent-up frustration or irritation
- Enhanced oxygenation of the blood and brain, which increases alertness and concentration
- Stimulation of the production of endorphins (endorphins increase our sense of wellbeing)
- Lowered pH (increased acidity) of the blood, which increases energy levels
- Decreased cholesterol levels and blood pressure.
We also know that people who are physically fit:
- Recover more quickly from exposure to stress
- Are less prone to worry
- Feel more positive about themselves
- Have improved concentration and memory
- Sleep better.
SOME EXTRA RESOURCES
Umbrella is the trading name of Umbrella Health and Resilience Limited | All content Copyright 2017 Umbrella Health and Resilience Limited